The cannabis culture has grown exponentially over the last few years, with many new cannabis extracts coming up the market. One such marijuana extract which has gained momentum within the last few years is Shatter.
An enticing, glass-like translucent extract, shatter stands true to its name – it can shatter! So, what is Shatter, and how is this beautiful amber-colored extract made? Well, let us jump right in!
What Is Shatter?
Shatter is a type of extract taken from the weed plant which has a higher concentration of cannabis. Shatter is mostly translucent with a glass-like texture and opaque tint. Because of its regular molecular structure, which is arranged in a straight systematic line, light can easily pass through it, giving it a transparent amber hue.
Shatter is very high on the THC content but on the lower side of the spectrum on the plant matter content. They usually don’t have CBD or CBG in their composition. In the case of shatter, the lipids and bad terpene are eliminated. What remains are good terpenes and cannabinoids, making it delightful and less expensive.
How to Make Shatter?
Depending upon the manufacturer, the process employed to make shatter can be different. However, there are a few general steps that go into the making of shatter, which we will discuss below.
But before we start, a word of warning – the manufacture of shatter must be carried by individuals with experience since it can be dangerous and illegal. That being said, let us look at the process of making shatter.
- Finding the right material – The first and foremost step is to select the right material. The weed can be taken from any part of the marijuana plant – be it a leaf, trim, or nug.
- Preparing the Extract – The nug is a highly potent part that has the capacity to produce a very high-quality product. So in the process of preparing the extract, one needs to make sure that the material is properly trimmed. It is imperative that the pieces that no larger than the size of a marble. After that, the trim or the nug, whichever it is that you are choosing, must be dried properly.
- Blasting the Shatter – Shatter is made from the essential oils extracted from cannabis. Therefore to extract, hydrocarbon solvents such as propane, butane, or a mixture of both are used. However, at times to get a pure flavour, the extraction is done using carbon dioxide.
- Cleaning the extract – The next process is to thoroughly clean the extract. Now, how is it done? To clean, a systematic process of whipping, stirring, heating, and vacuuming is applied. What it does is helps in eliminating the residue of hydrocarbons that are used in blasting. It also gets rid of the plant materials.
- Winterization – Winterization, in essence, means the addition of alcohol for the process of filtering. The extract is poured with ethanol and then placed inside the freezer. The role of freezing is to clot the extraneous lipids and hydrocarbons. After that, the mixture goes through a filter again to eliminate the undesirable elements from the mixture. The extract is run through the winterization process at least four to five times so that the final product is rid of unwanted plant material and completely pure.
- Cooking – The last step is to give a gentle reheat to the product again. This is done to ascertain that no extra alcohol is remaining and the shatter is ready to consume.
What are Ways to Use Shatter?
There are numerous ways in which one can use shatter. We have outlined a few of them below:
If you want to go on a roll of emotions with the mind travelling miles you never imagined, then dabbing your shatter Canada products is the way to go. If carried out in the correct way, dabbing will help the shatter reach the lungs effectively. In addition, it is very cheap and simple. Since the process of winterization gets rid of the lipids, one could say that dabbing is always the way to go when it comes to shatter. It is vital to understand and ensure that dabbing is done at a very low temperature to get the desired results.
Vaping and Vape Pens
The next way in which you can use shatter is with the help of a THC Vape pen. The vape pens are designed in such a way that it allows the shatter to directly reach the ceramic heating element. This essentially transforms them into dab rings which are minimal and portable.
Another way to use shatter is by smoking it. If you are not inclined toward either of the options mentioned above, you can go this route. All you got to do is puff it up like old-school Jake. Now how do smoke a product that shatters like glass? Well, you will need to roll a small amount of shatter in a thin strip using a method known as twaxing.
The roll-up thing will resemble a wheat dough. Next, the strip is put atop a joint or spliff or blunt, and there you go – smoke it all up! However, know that smoking shatter can produce a very intense amount of hot smoke. Therefore, keep a chilled glass of water or something to drink ready while you are at it.
The last way to use shatter is through edibles. At our dispensary, we offer one of the best Canadian edibles around.
Now shatter consumed directly is unlikely to have the desired effect. Therefore, what you need to do is to drop a bit of shatter in any cooking oil. Dissolve it completely and infuse it in a recipe of your choice. Good food and good weed; what more can one ask for?
To Wrap it Up
So, that is it, folks – all you need to know about shatter – what it is and how it is made. Having said that, it is important to stay alert while consuming shatter since a wrong step can make everything go haywire!
If you are wondering where to buy high-quality marijuana, Online Dispensary Canada is your one-stop shop for all things cannabis-related.
Other articles you may enjoy…
How To Use A Vape Pen
How Much Cannabis Can You Have in Canada?
How To Smoke Shatter
The Ultimate Guide on How To Smoke Hash